Yesterday we woke up with the news from London about an accident involving Marussia test driver Maria de Villota colliding her F1 car with a lorry. The first tweets and news I read were not that good and we all started to think the worst. Hopefully as the day progressed news started to changed and team and family members told the press that Maria was conscious and talking. Read more
Here is an interesting video that visually demonstrate which one is better between an Indy car and a Formula 1 car. Is a lap in Laguna Seca and although the formula 1 car ended up with a difference of about 4 secs if you multiply that by the number of laps in a race it would be a big difference.
Fernando Alonso has been very active in the social networks channel lately and this is very good for his fans since it allow them to know better their driver outside the cockpit. He uses Instagram for the pictures and twitter for short messages. In both channels he uses the username of alo_oficial, so in twitter you will find him as @alo_oficial.
Other racing drivers who are active in twitter are:
- Moto GP driver Jorge Lorenzo = @lorenzo99
- Moto GP driver Valentino Rossi = @ValeYellow46
- Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa = @Felipe1Massa
- Formula 1 driver Sergio Perez = @ChecoPerezNews
- Formula 1 driver Jenson Button = @JensonButton
- Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton = @LewisHamilton
- Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg = @nico_rosberg
- Formula 1 driver Mark Webber = @AussieGrit
- Indy Car driver Tony Kanaan = @TonyKanaan
- Indy Car driver Rubens Barrichelo = @BarricheloRu